Linda Ikeji , Celebrity Gossip Blogger, www.lindaikeji.blogspot.com
- Born in 1980 to a struggling Catholic family, the second of seven children.
- Had developed a passion for writing by the age of 10, with interest in news
- Linda Ikeji was admitted to study English at the University of Lagos to her disappointment, her preference being Mass Communication but she decided to make the best of it.
- At 17 years, Linda Ikeji worked doing odd jobs to support her university education – waitressing, ushering, modeling, bartending, none of which paid a lot.
- In her second year of university, Linda Ikeji decided never to give her body in exchange for money in spite of her family’s inability to send money
- Upon graduation in 2004, Linda Ikeji started Black Dove Communications – a modeling and events management company; recorded average success
Launched a magazine called, FM & B in 2006; after two more editions, the magazine collapsed due to inadequate capital
- In 2006, Bella Naija, another popular Nigerian blog, features an article about Linda Ikeji
- Launched her now famous Linda Ikeji’s blog in 2006 gossiping and sharing materials which fascinated her readers.
- By 2013, Linda Ikeji’s blog averaged up between 50,000 and 150,000 daily visits from various countries.
- In October 2014, Google took down Linda’s blog, accusing her of plagiarism. The blog was later restored making the blog even more popular
- Acquired 2 properties for her parents in 2014, a 5- bedroom duplex Surulere Lagos and completed a 7-Bedroom property in their village, Nkwerre within 6 months.
Reported to be worth Ksh. 1.2 billion.. recently acquisition of Ksh. 12.3 million Range Rover and a Ksh. 308.3 million Mansion In Banana Island, Lagos.
- As of 2015, her blog www.lindaikeji.blogspot.com has grown to be one of the most-visited sites in Nigeria.
- One of the most influential media persons in Nigeria